Friday, June 20, 2014

Foam Butterflies and Dress Construction!

Agitha has these beautiful butterflies going up her dress so I wanted to make them super durable, so foam seemed the obvious choice!


Draw, cut and pop! Butterfly ready!

Except I wasn't too happy with how this one turned out....

So I took it apart and tried hot gluing it together....but I wasn't a fan of that either.

Next I made another one, and I thought it was cute but it looks more like a bow than a butterfly... I can't decide!!


Instead of deciding, I moved on to the bodice of the dress! Recognize that blue dress? Yes, it's the trashy one I picked up at the thrift store and cut apart! Yay! It had this great boning in the boob part, so I reused it in the dress!

Then I decided to start sewing the scallopy part for the top and middle part of the dress!

I kinda burned myself out by cleaning my apt and doing errands and stuff, so I just put my dress generally together....meaning I just laid out the fabric pieces and and took a picture! Ha ha ha!

I was thinking of adding that pink lace to the top and bottom, but I'm not not convinced.... It looks pretty cute as is! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment