Sunday, June 1, 2014

Dragon time! Supercon Fun!

So my second costume for Supercon is going to be so much fun! I have BIG plans!
fanpop.com
My friend really wanted to go as Astrid from How to Train your Dragon, and I wanted to go as.....
HER DRAGON!
fanpop.com
First things first! I went out and get some hula hoops, craft foam, chicken wire, and paper from Home Depot!

Then I took the hula hoops apart because they had marbles inside (so I thought) and I didn't want my dragon to sound funny!

But um...it turned out to be rocks???!! Ha ha ha ha!

Then I melted some holes in the hula hoops using my glue gun and put some wire in it to keep it together!


Next I cut the sides of the dragon head out of the craft foam. Then I put it on top of another craft foam piece to trace and cut out.


Then hot glue hot glue hot glue! I added a piece of plastic to bolster the top, then some chicken wire!

Next is the paper mache!

No comments:

Post a Comment