Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Dragon wings and test run!

I was hanging up some clothes when a hanger (plastic) snapped under the strain. It was annoying, but then I realized that the hanger was the exact length of my shoulders! And all of a sudden, I knew how I was going to make those wings attach to the dragon!


First I melted the hula hoop over my stove to the exact shape I wanted. (Heat gun=expensive!) Then I cut a piece of foam that was slightly bigger than the hanger.

Next I cut up another hanger and sort of wove it back and forth between the foam/hula hoop and the main hanger. I enforced it with some leftover wire I had!

After that, I found a removable strap that belongs to a purse I never wear, so I used that as my harness!

Quick check with the head to see if the wings were perfectly spaced!


Test Run with my friend as Astrid!!!

The costume moved really well, everything stayed in place, and it was comfy! (Well, considering I'm wearing a giant dragon head!)

No comments:

Post a Comment