Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Agaitha costume time!

So in between waiting for all those layers of glue to dry, I have slowly been making my little Agitha costume!

So puffy, so cute!
Anyway, so I had to make a petticoat to make sure my super heavy fabric would be nice and poofy! I was going to buy a classical puppets petti, but it takes four weeks to get here......



It really was just folding the fabric and sewing and folding and sewing etc... The most exciting part was cutting apart this trashy dress for the top of the petti and using this super cute elastic!!

Okay okay, I lied, the most exciting part was actually having a new petticoat!

Next I am going to make latex ears for her, (since I don't have massively, adorable, long ears) so I decided to make the skeleton out of chicken wire and coat it with polymer clay.

First skeleton was very....well..a true skeleton frame!

Second skeleton was bolstered up more with wire. Honestly, I think they were both about the same to work with...Next time I'm just using tin foil!

Then I baked my ears! Ha ha ha ha!

Tomorrow I'll probably finish up the latex coating part. I want at least five layers for the ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment