Thursday, June 26, 2014

Dragon feet and wings!

So my basic form was all crafted, I just had to add some great little details to the feet!

I used a lot of the leftover foam I had to cut longer strips and glued them on.

They became a core to the craft foam claws I needed to add.

Much hot gluing later (too much hot gluing later!) the happy pair! :D

Next was painting them.... I thought that if I put a base coat down, it would fill in a lot of the holes and dry, then I could add the blue on top! Yes...it didn't work.

It looked horribly splotchy (and this is one paint can later!!) in the dark brown... I let it dry and then added the light blue layer...which ate up another paint can...

Then I painted the dark blue on the bottom (which ate up that can) but everything was looking great! And then....I accidentally grabbed the wrong can and sprayed white on there!! So, yeah. Going to let that sit until I'm un-mad at myself!


The wings were simple, arrange, pin, sew by hand!

I sat it on the chair to make sure the wings were generally the same.  One wing was off, but I hadn't started sewing, so it was an easy fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment