Monday, March 3, 2014

Vampire hunter D hat!

I was really excited about making this hat, because I wanted to make it out of leather! Luckily for me I had come across this great instructable! (www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Make-a-Leather-Top-Hat).


So I put together a general idea of how I wanted the hat to look with cardboard!



Then I traced it on my leather. (Check out my super super complex cutting tool!)
Leaf!

Fez!
And now I have my lovely pieces!  I like this, it looks like a giant leaf!


But alas, I cut it a little too small on the top part and had to do it over again.


The next part was marking the holes with a fork and  punching holes using my high-tech hammer and awl system!


And sew, sew sew sewing! I had to keep using the pliers to pull the needle through, I felt like a big sister from bioshock!!


Then I soaked it in water for about ten minutes which made the leather soft and pliable. 

Magically turned inside out!


And the (generally) finished product!!

I think I may take the top part in, but after that, all I have to do it dye it! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment