Thursday, May 16, 2013

Shiny gold!

What is prettier than emerald green spandex? Why, a lovely gold piece of silk to compliment it!
As you can see from my last post, I sewed the larger gold decoration in the middle of the suit (after painfully hemming the piece. It took a looooong time since the silk just kept on wanting to unravel again and again!
The top part is a lot more complex then the middle piece so I was a little hesitant to start...
Then I remembered that my sewing machine had a handy dandy little appliqué stitch! Thank you sewing machine Gods!! 


I was a little worried about how it would look, if it looked too tacky...it was going to be a pain to unstitch it all!! 

 But it ended up working perfectly (I didn't have to hem a thing!! Hooray!!!) and I actually think I'm going to use it on the middle of the swimsuit! YAY!!
Next time I'll show you the finishing of the gloves!! Woot woot! 

1 comment:

  1. it looks awesome!! I like how the applique stitch looks and you should totally go over the bottom part with it. Then they'll be all fancy matchy matchy=D

    ReplyDelete