Friday, May 24, 2013

Costume update!

I realize I really haven't been on top of blogging lately...ah heh heh heh! What can I say, I got caught up in a video game and took a small break from costuming! But I'm back now and here is the newest on the costume!

First up! The gloves I promised last time. Although, I guess they aren't technically gloves, but sleeves. Anyway, I cut out some blueish greenish silk that I got, along with a bit of the gold silk. Then I pinned it, and sewed!


I like it, but I can't decide if I should add more gold or more blue? Also, I'm really disappointed at the quality of the elastic at the top of the sleeve...it is one of the items I actually went to Joann's to buy...it sucks! So I think I'm going to boycott Joann's from now on, unless I need emergency supplies.

I also added a nice blue lining on the top of the swimsuit to match the color with the sleeves.

I decided to do the cool applique stitch on the middle of the outfit, which I think looks stellar. (Not sure if this picture does it justice).

And I attached the necklace to the little strings and it's staying very very well! :D I'm glad I didn't have to glue it on. 

What I look like when I'm trying to decide what step to take next. 

I also am really excited about the fabric for the cape!! I'm planning on doing a double cape sort of thing, with gold and green. Check out the most fabulous fabric in the whole wide world! Yes, absolutely fabulous.

2 comments:

  1. You look like you're doing some serious plotting in that last pic; total evil mastermind status. As for boycotting Joanne's go for it! Buy local whenever you can and everything else you can get online =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's been a lot of sadness when I buy from Joanne's, too many project have become unusable. Ha ha ha, yes, I'm planning on taking over the sewing world!!

    ReplyDelete