Thursday, May 9, 2013

Emerald swimsuit!!

Look at the half of the Rydia headdress!! So exciting!!

Here is the original white swimsuit that I am using for the body of the costume.


And here is the acid dye specifically needed to dye poly nylon swimsuit. This dye had no instructions about how to use it. So I went onto the website and still had no luck! I ended up going onto a online forum which had some basic guidelines and I decided to go for it!

Back to the mask! This dye had so many warning labels on it that I stood as far away and had a fan going to whole time!

I thought this was the perfect place to hang my swimsuit while I brought the water to a "rolling boil" (a boil that doesn't stop boiling when you mix it).
Slave Britta!
And then I boiled boiled boiled away for a half an hour. Constantly stirring....I was practically a slave to my art!!



Then I took the whole pot over to the sink, drained it, washed out the excess dye with detergent and now I'm just waiting for it to dry!

I'm so excited that my costume is coming together so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment