Monday, February 11, 2013

Problem Pants

In the last photo I posted I was sporting the white pants along with the pretty top. This was a last-ditch effort to ignore the signs that I was going to have to do major revamping on those pants...

First mistake, I used a pair of stretchy pants for my template. Looking back, I probably should have cut the seams lot more generously since I realized that the white fabric was different from the original stretchy pants. But did that bother me? Nope!
The original template
Soooo.....what I ended up with is a beautiful skin-tight pair of pants that make it impossible to sit...or really move....
If you look closely, you can see my veins.







 It was clear I need to employ a more energetic solution!! I decided to just add a nice panel on the side of each of the legs.
I laid the pants down flat and pinned them to make sure that my cutting experience would be easy as pie!
I just cut from the seam I made! Yay!
 Then I folded the cut pant legs onto the uncut pant leg.
ready to cut again!
Then from there I cut two equal strips of cloth and sewed it back up! And here is the finished product! I know they look a little grandma pant-sy but they are super comfortable! Plus you won't even see that beautiful top under the tunic. That skirt I bought from goodwill was the perfect template for the top of these pants too!
Finished! Yay!
 And here is a picture of the seamed sides. I actually think it looks pretty good.
Yay! They fit!
I think I can say this was a success! Problem solved!!
Fancy Pants ready for fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment