Saturday, February 9, 2013

Nausicaa!!

What am I excited for? I'll tell you what!

MEGACON!!!
It's going to be spectacular. I'm going to be busting out my inner nerd until March 15th.  And the best part? It's going to be my first official convention. Yay for milestones!!

Oh yes, and with a month and a week to go, I have precious little time to put together my costume.  I decided to go with one of my all time favorite movie characters, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.


fanpop.com

She's the perfect blend of human with a slice of supernatural ability. 
So I went out last night for fabric, came home and started my costume!

The beginning!
First things first! Nausicaa's top/tunic is all one piece, so I had to find something I could adjust that would still fit my body type. This shirt was a really great work shirt, so I took it apart and made it my template!

One arm down...

After that, I just pinned it together and sewed like mad! 
So spiffy!
And two hours later, I was done! This might have taken me longer than usual...I was distracted by the multiple Star Trek episodes I may or may not have been watching...heh heh! 


2 comments:

  1. You just make it look too easy! Did you cut the shirt apart and just use the pieces as the template? Or did you rip the seams, make a new pattern, do tell, I'm trying to learn. That's secretly what I wanted your blog for... to pick your brain... brainzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! Please pick away! I just used my handy dandy seam ripper and ripped it all apart. Then I used it straight up as my template. I used to take apart the clothes I wanted to use and then make a template with those clothes....but! It's so much easier to just use the original and cut out that extra step. Plus then you can be absolutely sure it will fit and you can use it again and again! Yeah. Good times. :D

    ReplyDelete