Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Warrior of the winds!! Nausicaa Mask 2!

My second Nausicaa mask is really coming together fast!
I finished sewing the side...flap...thingys...and I added some plastic from a container I had to make it stick out a lot more.

 
This time I decided instead of generally sewing some leather together, I would actually make a pattern out of scrap fabric and duct tape!

I've seen this online before, but I never really believed it worked as well as everyone said. But duct tape is pretty similar to leather, so it was perfect!

Ta daaaaa!!

Attack!!!
Then I cut it in half.

And I realized it would be perfect as bunny ears!! YAY!!!

Then I traced it, cut it, and sewed a seam down the bottom.



Now I just have to finish sewing the circle part, add the flap thingys, and dye it! Almost done!

No comments:

Post a Comment