Friday, November 29, 2013

Asuka revamping!

My my my my my, this little suit has given me just one trouble after another!! So I figured today I would try and tackle it a little bit since I am going to be busy when the Christmas season starts!
And speaking of Christmas, check out this awesome present I got for me!! Ha ha ha ha!
But seriously can I just gush over this a little bit? Look at all those gorgeous pictures of Vampire Hunter D!!

Take me away D!! I'm all about the ridiculously strong, ridiculously handsome, ridiculously misunderstood types!

Now back to work. So I decided that since Asuka has these little black lines in the front of her outfit, I'd add some too, but with super super stretchy fabric that I had leftover!

I first made my "Y" shape out of cardboard...and then realized I didn't want to cut cardboard! So I did it out of paper and it worked much better!

Next I had to tape all the edges over...

And put the black material behind it...

I took a break to try and shape this red wig I got from EpicCosplay.com. I love this wig, but it kinda poofs in the back and the ends always go one way or another. So I got it a little wet and tried straightening it. It became less poofy, but the ends were still the same! Le Sigh!

Back to sewing!! Oh also, my friend lent me her sewing machine!! It's so much better than my 1970's one, I really really need to get a newer machine!

But anyway, here is the semi-finished product! I was in a beret sort of mood, so it made it into the picture as well! We can only hope that when the apocalypse comes Japan and Paris will survive so I can wear plugsuits and berets until the end of time!

I kinda think it looks like I have a face on my belly! BELLY MONSTER! Ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment