Saturday, November 23, 2013

Asuka Evangelion Start!

So I just realized that the three costumes I'm planning on working on all have bodysuits! Ha ha ha! How did that happen? Obviously only the coolest of characters wear bodysuits.
So I  really wanted to make Asuka's plugsuit! Oh man, it's so pretty! And I knew just what I was going to do! I ordered a leotard/leggings pattern from ebay and some red pvc stretch fabric from MJtrends.com! Oh yeah baby!

 I got my 1970's pattern (I showed it in my last post, but I might as well put it here anyway!) and was so excited about the detailed three page instructions inside the pattern book! How nice, I thought, you never see this in modern patterns!
Riiight, about that. So I started cutting my pants, and the first thing I noticed was that the woman this was made for must have had no thighs....like the knees and where I was supposed to cut were the same size...so I added some fabric that I thought would cover it.

 The next thing I noticed was the waist seemed like it was a little high, while the legs seemed really really short... but I just kinda brushed it all off, because I've never made leggings or a leotard, so i just kept going!
And it turned out I should have gone with my gut. Did women from the 70's not have butts or hips?! Because I had to add a giant piece in the back so I could get the darn thing to even fit!



And then there was the leotard...I was so excited about it! I should have known better. I had to take the bottom part apart so I could even try it on!

I managed to wiggle into the costume...but don't even get me started! Those pants! They fell down as soon as I moved! I think I may just have to make another pair. And the shoulders aren't even close to my real shoulders! Maybe the pattern was made for a SUPER tiny, short, no butt person....like a child! Ha ha ha!


Also, this costume is HOT! I forgot that spandex covered plastic doesn't breathe....So I may just have to make this costume a sexy costume!

Helpful pictures of what a suffocating person might look like! 

Still, even with all the set-backs, this costume I think will look really great. I just have to try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment