Wednesday, July 10, 2013

New costume! Kyu from C: Control!

So I realize that it's been a while since I've blogged and for good reason. It can all be summed up in one sad sentence. Three weeks of working overtime and only three days off!!! Which is just terrible horrible.
I finally got a day off today and am proud to say I only left to get the mail! Ha ha ha!
Which turned out to be the best idea ever since my wig came for my new costume!

I'm also happy to announce that my birthday gift this year is going to DragonCon!! So excited!!
kawaii-mobile.com
I actually started ordering all the items for this next costume before I knew I was going... I fell in love with this anime the first time I watched it! Plus who doesn't want to wear antlers? Everyone wants to wear antlers!!
So to measure how long the antlers needed to be, I used this picture as a reference. The antlers measure to be about the same length as her face.

I'm using good ole InstaMorph again, but my Rydia headdress (while great) was a little on the heavy side. Just be on the safe side, I wanted to make these antlers hollow. I molded some antler looking shapes out of tinfoil and covered it with duct tape to reinforce it.

I quickly realized that I wouldn't actually be able to get the duct tape out of the Instamorph, so I spread thin pieces on both sides of the molds I had made.

Then, before Instamorph set, I pulled it off of the form. I added side pieces to hold the two antler pieces together.


I had to let the bottom of the antlers cool off by setting  them in the Instamorph containers!

And there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment