Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Crafty Day! Horns and shoes!

So! First off! I cut the soles off of the tall leather shoes. Look at my cute little socks.
These are my indoor shoes! :D
I bought some keds at a store for cheap, and decided to try and glue them to the leather tops! Wood glue all the way!


I used twisty ties while waiting for the glue to dry. Do you like them? I got them from my work!
Oh, also, I'm so proud of my lovely hand sewn glove! It's perfect. The best part is that it's really comfortable and fully functional!
I finally went out and got some screws and screw holders for my horns.  This part was pretty easy, I just heated up my horns and added the screw holders! The only challenge was measuring where the screws were going to be poking out and cuttings holes in my wig (really scary! I was afraid it was all going to unravel!). It turned out great!
I look like an alien invader! Take me to your leader!   
Measuring and cutting the holes for the screws!
And the awesome result!
I'm really excited about painting the green on these!
The only sad part is that the wood glue shoes didn't end up working too well, so I think I'm going to have to sew the shoes to the leather as well as finishing my second glove....oh well. My next post I'll show me revamping the dress and depending on how late I stay up, I may have more! :D
 Dragoncon, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment