Sunday, March 24, 2013

Red Skirt!

I was excited about this red lacy fabric! It reminds me a lot of the Spanish lacy photos with elegant women!
mantilla, mantillas
lands-faraway.com
Of course my cheap-o 100% polyester lace is not as gorgeous as this, but the effect will (hopefully!) bring some of that old style beauty.

First off I sewed a simple underskirt that I could later add the lace on top!
Side view!
And I have no idea why, but my camera made this color look like I bought neon pink fabric! It's really a nice apple red. I made a nice waistband on top (it's pinned, to be sewed soon!).

Halfway through sewing the waistband, I decided it would be a good idea to add sort of a apron to the side of the skirt just to mix it up a bit! I added a edge of lace to the outer layer. 
The pictures don't really show how cool this is going to look...I think I'll post some pictures of me in the skirt next time! 
To be continued!



No comments:

Post a Comment