Sunday, March 24, 2013

I'm Back!!

Sorry about the lack of posts, I've been minorly busy with life, but I'm back with some photos of new projects! YAY!
Since summer is just around the corner, I'm planning on sewing a bunch of new skirts for me to wear at the Farmer's market. It's going to be ridiculously humid come July and I want to look stylish and still be cool!

So! My newest skirt is a Mushroom flavored one!
I really wanted a skirt that had a frilly nature to it. So I cut a piece of cardboard to match how I wanted the skirt to fall.
Then I cut little lines, folded them and sewed!
Next I wanted a lacy edge, so I took some of our leftover curtain fabric, bunched it together and sewed it to the bottom of the edge.
Then I added ribbon and a bottom of the skirt and: TA DA! Finished!

Looks great! I'm still not sure if I'm in love with the green bottom, I may be doing a follow-up of revamping the skirt, but so far, so good!



No comments:

Post a Comment