Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Mushroom fix!

I think I talked about it before, but the I original skirt I had was a little too short, plus the fabric was a little cheap.
Cute ribbons, but the color....

I took it apart and added some off-white lace I had lying around.


Lacy lacy lace!

 Don't worry boys and girls, sewing is fun!! And yes, I do sew on the ground sitting on a pillow!
Everyone can sew!

I wanted a nice forest green or a light blue for the bottom. I ended up getting both, but I think I'll be making another skirt with the light blue!
Too much is better than too little!
 I sewed about two yards of cloth together for the bottom half (which is a lot of fabric!). I wanted to make sure that if I wanted to I could fiddle around with the skirt.

It ended up being perfect because I decided to add ruffles! Who doesn't love ruffles? Everyone loves ruffles!! I think I may even add some more to the bottom of the skirt!



The color is much improved and I think that it is coming along swimmingly! I think I may add some bows as well... Might as well right? 


No comments:

Post a Comment