Monday, April 29, 2013

Wonderland skirt!

Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite books. It's beautifully written, incredibly imaginative and great to recite! So here I am, starting a new skirt in honor of Alice.


 So here is the basic skirt outline that I had to work with, but I wanted to add little apron ties that were the same stripes as the ones coming down from the skirt.

So first I measured the "belt" area to see where it would be best to insert the ties.



Then I sewed the ties on the inside of the seam. And then I gently folded it over to cover the zipper.


I wanted the tie to cover the top of the zipper like this!
And now I have super cute apron ties on the skirt. Yay!

3 comments:

  1. It looks too cute. Alice in Wonderland was one of my faves growing up too, and of course I still love it! We need more modeled pics though! I wanna see how you look wearing your skirts (on the beach maybe... I'm still in Seattle, remember, I get my sunshine vicariously through you haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! That's a good idea, maybe I'll go to the beach tonight...or maybe I'll just model by the pool (it's closer!) Never fear, I will model soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete