Monday, April 22, 2013

New Hats!

My friend was teasing me the other day that I've lived here for a year and I still haven't gone to the little town ten minutes away.
She's right, I just tend to overshoot and go two or three hours away to the nearest big city! But like a good friend, she ended up taking me out to lunch and to an awesome antique store!

I ended up getting two gorgeous hats which I think will be perfect to wear out and about!
First, we have the glamorous black beach hat!
Which beach will I go to today?
The only small disadvantage was that since it's so lightweight it kept blowing off my head, so I sewed a nice little strap! I think this will be great for those times when I don't want to bring my parasol with me...which happens occasionally!
Stay on my head hat!
The other hat was a perfect vintage safari hat!! I could see myself beating back rhinos and hippos with my parasol in this hat!
Is that a gorilla?
And the best part? It had a hidden mirror!!! I couldn't get over it! Because of course any woman going on a safari would need time to powder her nose before taking pictures with baboons!
I'll be just a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment