Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Several several skirts!

 So as you may or may not have noticed, I have three skirts I'm working on. One for a friend, and two for me! So let's start with my friend's skirt.
It's coming along really well! The only complaint I have is that the fabric all has to be hemmed... and it's almost impossible! I'll pin it, and the pins will all pop out or the fabric will move away from where I've pinned. Siiiigh...
But I have (mostly) triumphed and successfully hemmed all but this tiny spot. I think I'm going to have to buckle down and do it by hand...
I tried four times on this sucker!
Moving along, the purple butterfly skirt I've been planning is coming along!
And to be ultra cool, I decided to add luxurious pockets!! Yeah, POCKETS! I'm excited.

Cutting the hole...

And here is the final pocket! I was so happy it turned out! Next I have to figure out how to incorporate butterflies and finish the front..

Yesterday I was talking to my friend at work, and she jokingly asked if I have a large enough closet to accommodate all the skirts I'm making!  We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment