Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Princess Agitha Cosplay finished!!

And it was a resounding success!! Since I had no time to blog before the event, I'll just do some catchup blogging now!

I had a bit of a problem figuring out how exactly to work the wig, headband and ears together! The wig was a little big, so it covered my ears to the earlobes. This meant I couldn't connect the ears to my real ears! Noooooo! Ha ha ha, but it actually worked out great!

I got a headband, superglued the ears to it and then sewed the Agitha headband so it covered my real ears perfectly!

I also am so happy for old old internet forums.....from the 90s! I found a really old one that was famous costume makers at the time giving little hints about how to make your own realistic costume. It was pretty hard to navigate, but I found a gem! This one guy said to successfully paint your latex (without buying a airbrush set) all you had to do is add rubber cement to acrylic! And it worked like a charm!


After that, it was just a simple matter of madly sewing the wings and butterflies. Since the wings were lightweight, I ended up sewing them to the back of the dress.



There are a lot of things I would like to do better with this costume (ie: Have 3 butterflies, add more detail to the wings, add more detail to the bottom of the dress) but all it in all, a lot of people recognized my character!
The best part though was getting a picture with Uhura (Nichelle Nichols) and having her love my ears so much, she kept grabbing them!

Life achievement unlocked!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment