Saturday, July 26, 2014

Alice in Wonderland Party prep!

My birthday is coming up and I'm throwing a big party!
The most exciting thing I've been doing is putting together a giant glowing caterpillar!!
...
Which isn't officially assembled yet.
But here is progress on making his beautiful chubby face!!


He looks so pretty with a fresh coat of paint!
I also decided to make a giant mushroom! It was really easy, I just got some chicken wire and make a nice little frame and then hot glued (ha ha! So lazy!) some fabric around it! The best part is that it has a pvc pipe inside, so I can hammer it into the ground!

And what party would be complete without drinks? Especially delicious spiced rum marinated with dragon fruit and mango? Yum yum yummy!!
Oh, another great thing I found was a used bookstore! I know that seems really lame, but where I live it's really unusual to find a bookstore!! And look at these great finds I found there! All of these books were printed before 1930!!

The middle blue one is from the 1800's and it has beautiful etched illustrations! I am in love!!
I was thinking of using one of these books for a prize at my party.....but I think I'll be keeping that blue one!
Anyway, more updates for the party and White mage coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment