Saturday, October 4, 2014

Ravenclaw costume!

My favorite holiday, Halloween, is coming up!! I couldn't be more excited for all the parties, candies and delicious delicious pumpkin beer!!
Oh, and of course, all those fun costumes! I always make my own costume, and luckily for me, my friends and I are going to a Harry Potter themed tea party!
So I'm gonna get my Ravenclaw on!!
I went to the thrift store and found this beautiful pure silk dress for 7 dollars. Eh heh heh! Cut and sew! Done.

I really wanted to make an actual claw on my skirt! So I sewed a little circle onto the skirt with shimmery fabric.
Then I took some shiny silver fabric and sewed it all around to make it look like a magic mirror!

I took some wire and made a little skeleton of the foot, and then sewed black fabric around it.
Next I added some real feather to the top, added some claws, and sewed it all to the frame!

I love it! It looks better than I even imagined.
Next time, top and accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment