Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine Dress is almost done!

 I was a little unsure about how to throw this top together, so I just used one of my favorite old shirts as a basic pattern.

I wanted to have a nice ruffled back so that I wouldn't have to add a zipper (lazy dresses are the BEST), so I doubled the back of the dress pattern and then pinned where I needed to sew.

Then I realized I needed to pin it on the other side so the seam would look perfect, so....RE-PIN!!

I added the elastic one strip at a time....also I hand sewed the whole back so it would runch perfectly!

And here is the basic back and front of it now! (Excuse the dirty mirror!)

I was too lazy to get back into the dress, so here is what the top looks like after I added lace and ribbons! I love it!! I have one more day to get this done, so I just need to add the sleeves to the sucker and I'll be ready for strawberries!!


2 comments:

  1. This is really cute, I can't wait to see pictures of the finished product and strawberry picking fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your pictures of strawberry picking. It looked like you were having a fun time. And in another cute custom designed dress!

    ReplyDelete