Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Hunter D Vaccum Forming trouble!!

MegaCon is just around the corner!! And my Asuka and Vampire Hunter D costumes are on the way!! I wanted to start with the buckle on his costume!
 
 http://aimeemajor.com/images/temp2/vhdskull2.jpg

 Look at my beautiful set up!

 I sculpted the belt buckle all out of clay! Yay! 

Then I put my piece of plastic in the oven. The plastic started to melt at 250 degrees....

Just as I was about to pull my plastic out of the oven, I dropped a glass jar and it shattered into a million pieces!! And, my plastic totally melted and was ruined. Noooo!

I got another sheet, and started the whole process! But my shopvac was set up wrong and blew the air INTO the vaccum forming station instead of sucking it out! I created a giant bubble!!


So then I put the "bubble" plastic and started over! Unfortunately as soon as the plastic hit the clay, the clay melted!! I re-read the packaging on my clay, it melted at 150 degrees!!

So. Lots of mess and lots learned! I'm going to make a plaster mold next and go from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment