Wednesday, August 6, 2014

White Mage Bolero and Front!

I'm really excited that Dragoncon is coming up soon! I have big plans!! I have a friend who does electronics so he's going to help me put together a staff that lights up, and I'm going to help him with Black Mage costume!! Yay!!!


Here are two boring pictures, one of the main body of the costume, and then I had to do two layers of a crocheted tablecloth!

It's hard since the table cloth makes the costume really super thick, but luckily my sewing machine sews through leather!! But I think it would be almost impossible to unpick if I make any mistakes, so I have to just pin everything on to make sure it fits!
I really wanted to make this Mage costume as over the top lacy as possible! Thank you old woman who crocheted this amazing tablecloth, you are making me look good! P.s. forgive the crazy photos, this is me at 2am!
I also had to take apart the bolero that came off of the top of the wedding dress. I forgot that it had to fit over a really thick tablecloth costume! (hee hee! It sounds funny like that!)

And then it was onto the hood! I used my lovely cowl as a very very loose template...but It worked!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about the large red triangles the original design has....The lace looks so lovely I don't want to cover it if I don't have to!

That's it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment