Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Vacuum forming! REVISITED!!

So as you may or may not remember, I tried doing vacuum forming all wrong! I used the wrong clay, my oven was ill-equiped, and I think I even used the shop vac wrong. It was basically disaster!

So I am pleased to announce that I made an (almost) perfect pull!

First I had to make makeshift metal (shelves? thingys?) so that my piece of plastic could bubble like it is supposed to!

My first try I think I added too many things to the board, it ended up looking like eye-spy!
So I took everything off except the horn, and voila!


It ended up with some minor webbing, but hey! I'm pleased! It even picked up the detail! And!! I can cut this plastic with scissors from around my house!

Then I tried with a few small things! I think I let to plastic melt a little too much, so it kind of runched...

And it ended up not working to reheat the plastic once it was super runched.....
And then I had a minor emergency where my makeshift metal thingys fell off and burst into flame!

Yeaaaaaaah....but anyway, I'm very pleased and am looking forward to making more!

No comments:

Post a Comment